Today we are meeting via Skype. Here are a few links you will need for today’s investigation:
- Power Point – click on image below to view the Power Point in Google Docs
- Google Doc for Mathematization Norms – click on the image below to access Google Doc
- Wallwisher for working with your group on Flatland – click on the class section to open the wall for your group
- Project Introduction – click on the link or image to access the project description
Read Flatland, Part II, Sections 18-22
Blog Prompt (choose):
- Our actual retinal images of the world are 2-D. What sorts of visual experiences cause us to believe that our visible world is actually 3-D? How do you think A. Square manages to translate his 1-D retinal images into a mental image of a 2-D world?
- If you stuck the fingers of one hand through Flatland, A. Square would see you as five irregularly shaped objects, each covered with a tough pink hide. If a 4-D being stuck the “fingers” of one “hand” through our space, what would you see?
- You can also choose to write about any ideas/wonderings you have about the book at this point.
Brainstorm Project Ideas – see description of project ideas. Note: You can always create your own idea for the project. In the end, it would be great to share all of your projects as “cases” for others on the Space and Perspective site. Whatever form your project takes, try to assemble it into a post that will be featured on the Space and Perspective site (photos, embedded videos, writing, etc.).